Whether you are new to Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) or already have some experience with the product, you may want or need to gain more knowledge on this product. You could be newly assigned to a team managing SCOM or tasked to upgrade or extend the usage of SCOM in your organization. Our SCOM Admin training is meant to give you essential knowledge you need to successfully administer and use this product in your organization. This TopQore SCOM Admin training is given by experienced SCOM consultants with years of hands-on experience in implementing and administering SCOM environments from small to large deployments in diverse business sectors. The course is created under guidance of two multi-year Microsoft MVP’s from TopQore.
Our SCOM Administrator Training covers subjects that are essential to those who administer System Center Operations Manager of all versions. To get the most value out of our training, participants are expected to have prior experience with recent versions of Microsoft Windows Server. Basic understanding of Microsoft System Center products, Active Directory, SQL, PowerShell, and networking services is considered useful.
At course completion
After completing the SCOM Administrator Training, the participants will be able to:
- Explain what a SCOM management group is and how its components relate and interact
- Understand the various SCOM infra roles and what is needed to install them
- Connect new servers and clients to SCOM
- Understand both the health & class model
- Understand the possibilities and differences between rules and monitors
- Navigate through the SCOM console to perform various tasks
- Create basic monitoring solutions
- Modify existing monitoring solutions to fit your environment
- Create and edit useful views
- Work with notifications through e-mail and text message
- Use, create and schedule reports
- Scope user permissions and share access to monitoring solutions
- Understand some of the third party addons and blogs
- Perform basic maintenance tasks that are required to keep the SCOM environment healthy
Provided with the above skills, the SCOM administrator has improved the ability of adjusting monitoring to give a more complete picture of monitored services to different stakeholders in the company, both pro-active and real-time. As a result, your company will have a firmer grasp on the availability of business processes provided by IT.
By default, the following modules and subjects are part of the SCOM Administrator Training:
- Introduction TopQore, trainer and students
- Why SCOM, and what is it?
- Common SCOM Management Groups and their components
- Operations Console
- Web Console
- Management Servers
- Resource Groups
- Reporting Server
- Microsoft Monitoring Agent
- Gateway Servers
- Understanding the Class Model
- Understanding the Health Model
- Understanding Monitors & Rules
- Navigating through the SCOM Console
- Basic management pack authoring for very common scenario’s
- Using, creating and scheduling Reports
- Performing Maintenance Tasks
- Monitoring and maintaining SCOM
- Tuning alerts & performance
- Third Party / Community add-ons
The following subjects are not part of the default schedule as it is not relevant for all the attendees. Maybe the SCOM installation is already done and does not need to be repeated again. Or perhaps there is no desire for in-depth management pack authoring. However, if you are interested in these topics as well, we’re happy to include them anyway!
- Full SCOM design and installation walk-through
- Designing SCOM infrastructure for High Availability
- Management Pack authoring
- Aligning SCOM with your business processes
- Cross platform monitoring (Linux / UNIX)
- Network Device Monitoring
- Agentless Exception Monitoring (AEM)
- Audit Collection Services (ACS)
- Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
- Martello (former Savision) Live Maps / iQ
This training can be given worldwide, in English, Dutch and Spanish. You can choose to invite us to your office or request a location that is convenient for you.
Depending on the size, expertise and experience of the audience, the training will take 2 to 3 days. In case the training is finished earlier than expected, you can request the trainer to expand and deliberate on discussed topics, to assist in putting the gained knowledge into practice, or to answer SCOM related questions. In case a lot of additional topics are needed to be discussed the number of training days will increase.
After completing this training, participants receive a signed certificate of completion.
Please reach out to email@example.com for bookings and more information.